Welcome!Since 1983, Dr. Marilyn Henderson has been working with patients to provide the best podiatric care in the Lancaster and Willow Street areas. Dr. Henderson's extensive experience coupled with genuine concern and passion has greatly impacted patients' results. Our staff is extremely dedicated to your comfort and well-being as our goal is to help you maintain healthy and happy feet.
What's New at Henderson Podiatry....
Introducing MLS Laser Therapy
Manage Pain. Reduce Inflammation. Restore Mobility.
With MLS Laser Therapy for Chronic and Acute Pain.
What is MLS Laser Therapy?
MLS Laser Therapy is the use of specific wavelengths of light to ease chronic and acute pain, and to speed healing.
How does MLS Laser Therapy Work?
Light energy enters the damaged cells and stimulates intracellular activity. This reduces pain in the area and speeds recovery of the damaged cells. Once the cells recover, the healing process is complete.
- MLS stands for Multi-Wave Locked System. The MLS Therapy Laser treats pain and inflammation associated with joint conditions like arthritis, as well as accelerating postsurgical healing.
- The MLS Therapy Laser is a Class IV Laser. It uniquely uses two lasers at once, simultaneously and synchronized. One laser eases pain; the other reduces inflammation & swelling.
- It features two wavelengths; 808 nanometers and 905 nanometers. The wavelengths are in the infrared spectrum. They are invisible to the eye. The 808 wavelength treats inflammation and is long lasting. The 905 wavelength is analgesic and is fast acting. Together, they are very effective.
- The MLS wavelengths combine and synchronize the 808nm and 905nm waves in a unique and proprietary way. The MLS wave form is patented.
- Over 3,000 studies in the last three decades validate the efficacy of laser therapy.
- Laser therapy was cleared by the FDA in 2002 and is currently being used by a variety of medical specialties, and sports teams nationwide.
- The laser can painlessly penetrate up to 2 1/2 inches deep and generates no heat. There are no known harmful effects.
- Laser energy stimulates cells to remove toxins, like histamine and cytokine, out of cells.
- It allows oxygen and food loads into the cell.
- Laser waves block the pain signals to the nociceptors in the brain, and release endorphins and enkephalin.
- Laser light increases ATP production and cell growth bringing blood flow to the area, accelerating healing.
- The MLS Laser stimulates the mitochondria in cells to jump start the body's own healing process.
- Like an antibiotic, each treatment is cumulative, building upon the previous treatments.
- Treatments take less than 15 minutes each and are completely painless, and comfortable.
Cutera GenesisPlus Laser
Are you struggling with thick, yellow toenails or persistent plantar warts? Come visit our Willow Street office to learn more about our additional laser treatment, the GenesisPlus.
The GenesisPlus laser is a treatment option available for fungal toenails and plantar warts. Laser light from GenesisPlus passes through the nail or wart and the surrounding tissue. The light is absorbed by pigment which causes the pigment to heat. This "heat" kills or damages the fungal organism resulting in natural nail growth. With the warts, it heats the virus and healthy tissue ensues. This provides a quick and effective way to clear the nail or wart without the use of anesthesia. Click here for more information and helpful videos!
Henderson Podiatry is happy to introduce our newest innovation of digital x-ray in our Willow Street office. In approximately 10 seconds, our A2D2 digital x-ray is able to capture all spectrums of the foot while making it easy to review with our patients on the spot. If you are experiencing heel pain or having any other foot problems, call our office at (717) 464-5603 to schedule an appointment to have an x-ray taken.
This web site provides you with an overview of our practice and the field of podiatry. As you navigate the site, you'll find information about Dr. Henderson's practice philosophy, our Lancaster and Willow Street office locations, insurance policies, and appointment scheduling procedures. Please browse the site at your convenience and feel free to contact us with any questions. You can also request an appointment by clicking here.
You will find a lot of valuable information on the web site about foot problems, diagnoses and treatments. We believe informed patients are better prepared to make decisions about their health and well being. We encourage you to review this information to help you understand any health concerns you may face.
CLICK HERE for more information & videos!