What's New at Henderson Podiatry....
Introducing MLS Laser Therapy
Manage Pain. Reduce Inflammation. Restore Mobility.
With MLS Laser Therapy for Chronic and Acute Pain.
What is MLS Laser Therapy?
MLS Laser Therapy is the use of specific wavelengths of light to ease chronic and acute pain and to speed healing.
How does MLS Laser Therapy Work?
Light energy enters the damaged cells and stimulates intracellular activity. This reduces pain in the area and speeds recovery of the damaged cells. Once the cells recover, the healing process is complete.
- MLS stands for Multi-Wave Locked System. The MLS Therapy Laser treats pain and inflammation associated with joint conditions like arthritis, as well as accelerating postsurgical healing.
- The MLS Therapy Laser is a Class IV Laser. It uniquely uses two lasers at once, simultaneously and synchronized. One laser eases pain; the other reduces inflammation & swelling.
- It features two wavelengths; 808 nanometers and 905 nanometers. The wavelengths are in the infrared spectrum. They are invisible to the eye. The 808 wavelength treats inflammation and is long lasting. The 905 wavelength is analgesic and is fast acting. Together, they are very effective.
- The MLS wavelengths combine and synchronize the 808nm and 905nm waves in a unique and proprietary way. The MLS waveform is patented.
- Over 3,000 studies in the last three decades validate the efficacy of laser therapy.
- Laser therapy was cleared by the FDA in 2002 and is currently being used by a variety of medical specialties, and sports teams nationwide.
- The laser can painlessly penetrate up to 2 1/2 inches deep and generates no heat. There are no known harmful effects.
- Laser energy stimulates cells to remove toxins, like histamine and cytokine, out of cells.
- It allows oxygen and food loads into the cell.
- Laser waves block the pain signals to the nociceptors in the brain and release endorphins and enkephalin.
- Laser light increases ATP production and cell growth bringing blood flow to the area, accelerating healing.
- The MLS Laser stimulates the mitochondria in cells to jump-start the body's own healing process.
- Like an antibiotic, each treatment is cumulative, building upon the previous treatments.
- Treatments take less than 15 minutes each and are completely painless, and comfortable.
What is fungal laser treatment?
Do you have yellow, thick, brittle toenails that are embarrassing when exposed? If you answered yes, you may be showing signs of nail fungus. Nail fungus, otherwise known as onychomycosis, is a common fungal infection of the toenail that affects many people. A few common causes of onychomycosis are shoes and socks that d 't allow enough air flow , not completely drying fett after bathing, sharing communal facilities such as a fitness center, public showers and wearing nail polish for an extended period of time. Nail fungus can also be passed from person to person. There are several treatments for onychomycosis including oral medications, topical antifungals, surgical removal, and one of our newest treatments, Genesis Plus laser treatment. Many of our patients prefer laser treatment for their fungal nails because there is no medication or anesthesia involved.
How does it work with fungal nails?
Our laser treatment requires no anesthesia and can take up to 10-15 minutes depending on how many nails need to be treated. Two treatments are given six weeks apart.. Our Genesis Plus laser generates enough heat to penetrate the fungus and other pathogens found underneath the nail tissue. Once the fungal nail is penetrated, a new healthy nail will begin to grow out. To prevent the fungal infection from recurring, we dispense antifungal spray for your closed toe shoes . Every patient who has laser treatment will also receive a free shoe sterilization treatment, an estimated $45.00 value! The shoe sterilization is an 8 minute process that uses ultraviolet light to minimize shoe odors and kill fungus -causing bacteria. It is recommended that you apply a topical antifungal between the two laser sessions to prevent any additional fungal from forming beneath the nails.
Before and after pictures of our patients with laser :
After 6weeks of 1st Treatment
After 6weeks of 1st Treatment
How does it work with plantar warts?
Similar to our fungal laser treatments, plantar warts will only take 5-10 minutes according to the severity of the condition and require just a topical ice pack to numb the area. The wavelength of light emitted by the laser is absorbed by the wart and onverted into thermal energy thereby destroying the lesion. Our protocol is 3 treatments spaced one month apart. Most patient see resolution after two. For more information on this advanced treatment for plantar warts, please call our office at (717) 464-5603.